Managing a company’s employee benefits program is increasingly complex. Wisterm builds and improves employee benefit performance, delivering highly complex and challenging products and services to those we serve. As a member of the employee benefits team, you’ll be part of a high-performance team with a wide breadth of experiences and capabilities. At Wisterm, you will gain unique experiences and valuable knowledge, including exposure to niche sectors of the employee benefits and insurance industry that might take a lifetime to acquire elsewhere.
As part of our growing employee benefits team, you will help shape the innovative culture that makes Wisterm a great place to work.
We are looking for high achieving and motivated Consultants, who show potential and enthusiasm for growing and developing a consulting career with Wisterm. You will be working within our employee benefits team, consulting with businesses, and working on projects focused on addressing benefits-related challenges.
As a member of our employee benefits practice, you will:
- Grow and maintain relationships with clients, winning work proactively and contributing to winning new clients.
- Successfully deliver technically complex proposals and projects, ensuring that a practical business-driven approach is taken.
- Be responsible for quality of services provided to clients.
- Review possible leads from other areas of the practice.
- Leverage your own relationships and networks to further enhance Wisterm’s brand in the market.
- Help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring staff.
The principal role is to become a member of and provide support to your team members by producing new business accounts and coordinating renewals, outreach to prospective clients, and by assisting in other areas as requested.
In addition to accurate and efficient data entry surrounding your consulting activities, you will also maintain the integrity of data in the agency’s automated information systems. You will also work with internal and external stakeholders, in varying capacities, in order to resolve problems and complete projects.
You will provide direction and assistance to team members for placement of business with awareness of vendor and carrier requirements and commitments.
- Grow and maintain relationships with both existing and new clients. Close business with new and existing customers at or above quota levels.
- Successfully deliver technically complex employee benefits programs to businesses.
- Grow external networks and relationships.
- Actively seek referrals from current clients to solicit for new prospects; follow up to generate new business using prospect database and automation system.
- Document all material conversations with insureds and/or carriers regarding exposures and coverages to minimize the potential for errors & omissions claims.
- Maintain a working knowledge of team’s products, services, policies, and processes.
- Maintain knowledge of underwriting criteria.
- Manage a pipeline of leads to identify, engage, and develop relationships with potential clients.
- Dissect and qualify prospects’ goals to determine if Wisterm can be a strategic partner in support of their business’s growth.
- Maintain control of expirations and lead renewal processes, ensuring team is able to stay informed of upcoming renewals and contract expirations.
- Act as a resource for marketing, operations, and other teams in order to develop and implement strategic plans and solutions.
- Performs other functions as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
A high level of technical insurance knowledge, organizational skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills is required. To qualify for this role, you must have:
- Significant experience in employee benefit consulting from an insurance/employee benefits broker.
- Negotiation skills, including the ability to sustain an opinion.
- Business development skills, including the able to identify and convert opportunities to revenue.
- Effective time management skills, including the ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadline.
- Strong interpersonal skills in writing, presenting, and influencing decision making.
- Demonstrable experience working in multi-disciplinary teams and unfamiliar environments.
- Fluency (oral and written) in English.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Well-articulated interest in the employee benefits and insurance industry and a vision of how you, in this role and future roles, may have a positive impact on our clients.
- Project management skills.
- Experience with insurance specific systems (e.g., Applied Epic, EZ Lynx, Employee Navigator, FormFire, Zywave, etc.).
- Experience with captive insurance.
- Experience with reinsurance.
You must satisfactorily complete pre-hire employment assessments and maintain a satisfactory driving record. Candidate may be asked to submit to a drug and/or alcohol screening. A civil and criminal history background check will be performed at the company’s expense. Attendance is required at regular and/or mandatory company meetings. Employees are encouraged to pursue relevant professional designations; however, this is not required.
Working at Wisterm
At Wisterm, we endeavor to provide our staff and their loved ones with world-class benefits, focused on supporting physical, financial, and mental wellbeing.
We know that our people are critical to our mission of providing high-quality, yet affordable services and improving the health and wealth of our partners and communities we serve. In an effort to recognize our people, we provide a valuable suite of compensation and benefit programs, as well as resources to support our employees’ professional development and achievements, and personal well-being.
Benefit packages generally include:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, accidental death and dismemberment, disability, and critical illness coverage.
- 24/7 access to virtual doctors from virtually anywhere in the world.
- Employee assistance programs for counseling, life management, financial consultations, consumer issues, and more.
- Defined contribution pension scheme with enhanced matching formula.
- 33+ days of paid time off, inclusive of recognized holidays. We also offer additional paid time off for bereavement, jury duty, parental leave, and adoption leave.
- Paid time off for paternity leave and adoption leave, regardless of gender.
- Educational reimbursement and peer mentoring program.
- Membership subscriptions of approved professional bodies for you to maintain qualifications and continue your educational journey.
- Mobile phone talk, text, and data plan reimbursement.
- Flexible working scheme, including ability to work remotely.
Wisterm has a fast-paced multitasking environment. In order to meet these demands, employees are provided the tools to create a dedicated and highly efficient workstation, which includes ergonomic setup features, such as an ergonomic keyboard and mouse, dual monitors, and an adjustable chair. Workstation accommodations and adjustments are provided upon request and evaluation.
This position requires a high-energy level and ability to handle stress-related situations on a daily basis. The employee may be required to drive and travel unaccompanied in diverse weather conditions.
This employer complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties, and we expect you to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organization and the overall business objectives of the organization.